- “Mom, you know how I went through that book and circled everything I want for Christmas? Well, please really get me that guitar because I want to write a song that will make me famous one day.”
- I was telling the kids that their Pop didn’t learn phonics when he was in school and this child threw their hands up in the air and said, “We have a Daddy who can’t shuffle and a Pop who can’t sound out words. What’s next??”
- Day One: “Mommy, Emmy and I are planning to pretend to be every animal on Noah’s Ark during recess before school gets out.” Me, “Awesome! Even a Praying Mantis?” The next week, “Mommy, Emmy and I are not going to pretend to be Praying Mantics. . . Praying Manthics. . . because she can’t say it.”
- “I think D______ is so very handsome. I have thought so ever since before Pre-K.”
- “Dear Jesus, Would you give Mr. Billy a safe trip in Afghanistan and would you let him come home safely on Thanksgiving?”
- Me: “I just love you so much and I wish I could take all your pains away.” ??: “Oh, Mom, I love you too but you KNOW only Jesus can do that.”
She is awesome.