1. One day I would like to have a mantle.
2. We watched “The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything” tonight (all but the last 20min.) and it was hilarious. It also afforded multiple opportunities to talk to the kids about times where their choices will define who they become/their character. Bubba asked “what does the music mean he is feeling” and I got to press pause and we chatted a minute. Good times.
3. I am absolutely addicted to White Collar.
4. There are 600 or so tickets left for the Promise/Tim Hawkins concert. We are on our knees praying that they will sell out.
5. I love the way KB puts her hand up to her mouth when she tells me something she thinks is serious or secretive. I don’t ever want to forget that.
6. The only sound in my house right now is the whir and slosh of the dishwasher. I love that sound.
7. This week Bubba announced to me that when he is seventeen he is going to marry Miley Cyrus. I assured him that he is not. Katie Holmes’ mom probably told her the same thing about Tom Cruise when SHE was six. That’s enough thinking about that.
8. My friend left town today and will be gone a month. That’s a long time. I understand why – her husband is traveling with work for seven weeks – I’m still a little selfishly sad. She gets me.
9. I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast today and my hair has carried the smell for 13 hours now. Such a nice day when every time I turned my head it smelled like a Cinnabon in the mall. Yum.
10. My nephew turned 12 yesterday. Deep sigh.
11. I get to see my brother and his family in two weeks. I also get to see my parents AND my sister and her family. We are going to have a pahtay of Cheely proportions.
12. Once I use the word “pahtay” in a blog post, it is time to end the blog post.
13. One more thought – We have been watching bits and pieces of The West Wing for awhile now (an episode every two weeksish) and I have to say, that show is art. Political differences aside, the writing, acting, and timing are absolutely exceptional on that show (we are only in the second season).
14. Thirteen is supposedly an unlucky number.