There are a couple things you may not know about me:
1. I can make myself burp. You wouldn’t know this about me because I have rarely ever done this because it is uncouth and unladylike. Sheesh!
2. I like to be clean. I might dress like a slob sometimes, but a clean slob, thank you very much!
3. I am not a fan of bugs. I am not one of those people who carries the spider outside because, “He hasn’t hurt you and he eats the insects that . . . whatever.” No, I smush spiders. I squeal, gasp, and shriek at roaches. And heaven forbid one touch me. I am NOT a fan of bugs.
I am now the mother of a 3 year old little boy. Times they are a changin‘ and I am changin‘ too!
1. Yesterday I made myself burp approximately 16 times while my basically non-verbal son practiced saying “excuse me” through fits of giggles.
2. My 11m daughter crawled through acorns, mud, and a touch of deer poop today and I didn’t brush her off until we were ready to go inside.
3. Last week we were walking at the park and stopped at a picnic table for sippy cups and cheerios all around. I felt a tickle on my leg, looked down and saw a caterpillar on my foot. I started to inhale dramatically and kick it off but stopped and turned to show Bubba and Little. I sat there with the caterpillar on my foot while Bubba “petted” it. I know it was only a caterpillar but technically this one shows growth in both numbers 2 and 3! (bug touching me – Bubba getting dirty with bug cooties)
Today there was a grasshopper on the front porch. It jumped and Bubba just laughed and laughed. I went to pick up KB and heard a different sound from Bubba and turned to see the grasshopper on his arm. I laughed and went to touch the insect to make it jump off Bubs. Instead it jumped onto his glasses. He stood there, eyes crossed, watching the grasshopper in hysterics. I WISH I had that on video.
That last sentence proves it – I’m changin‘